On Saturday, December 7, 2013, 44 men at the University of North Dakota pledged themselves and their service to Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. The badge of white and blue which had been integral to the University of North Dakota’s history since 1913 is now back in the land of green and white.
The Re-Founding Fathers, each with his own story, came together under one mission: The North Dakota Alpha Chapter of Phi Delta Theta will hold each other to a higher standard of respect and integrity while creating a legacy of gentlemen through innovation and reshaping the image of a fraternity.
Dozens of alumni, parents, friends, and other members of the UND Fraternity and Sorority Community were in attendance to show their support to the new colony members. Remarks were given by IFC President John Mitzel, Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Lori Reesor, local alumnus Jim Satrom and Colony President Sean McClain. The Colonization Ceremony was presided over by Province President John Diehl. Colony President, Sean McClain, stated, “We’re here to make history, so let’s get to work.”