Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity is hiring Chapter Support Coordinators to begin on June 28, 2021.
The chapter support coordinator assists a territory of chapters/emerging chapters in the local implementation of strategies that support Phi Delt 2030, specifically around improving chapter/emerging chapter operations and the health and safety of undergraduate members. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with general chapter operations, finances, recruitment, chapter/member accountability, and new member education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All candidates and selected employee will be initially assessed on their background and experience in the areas of servant leadership, strategic agility, and project management, and in their projected ability to successfully complete related performance metrics in the following:
- Provide support to chapter leaders and alumni volunteers, both virtually and in-person, as they recognize issues and work towards solutions
- Track chapter KPIs to determine priorities, chapter support successes, and resource and time allocation
- Lead, or assist the director of chapter support in leading chapter investigations in partnership with local stakeholders, including the province president, chapter advisory board members, and campus professionals
- Lead, or assist the director of chapter support in leading, emerging chapter installation processes and ceremonies/programming
- Work with chapter leadership to create and support a strategic plan for each chapter
- Monitor the accounts receivable of chapters within assigned territory
- Maintain regular contact with the province president, chapter advisory board members, and house corporation members
- Promote the Fraternity’s various programs and services, including awards, Chapter Greatness Checklist and other reporting structures, GreekBill, and educational programming as resources as solutions to address issues
- Assist the General Headquarters executive staff in identifying and developing new services for undergraduate and alumni members
- Participate in the Kleberg Emerging Leaders Institute, McKenzie Family Presidents Leadership Conference, and other such leadership conferences as designated
- Participate in the activities of relevant professional organizations, such as the Association of Fraternity Advisors, and seek additional opportunities for professional development
- Assist with the planning and execution of the General Convention
- Assist the General Headquarters executive staff on all other such assigned duties
- Bachelor’s required, master’s or equivalent work experience preferred
- Membership in a fraternity/sorority preferred
- Campus or organizational leadership experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Greek-letter organizations and their functionality at both a headquarters- and campus-level
- Ability to create stakeholder relationships quickly and effectively
- Time-management skills and the ability to work in an autonomous environment as needed
- Expectation to live in Southwest Ohio with the ability to work from Oxford initially. Remote work may be a consideration in the future
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to travel for work, including but not limited to nights and/or weekends, up to 50 percent of the time
- Ability to serve on an on-call basis by managing the Phi Delta Theta Crisis Hotline
- Long periods of sitting at a desk in an office environment
- Ability to lift twenty-five pounds
Phi Delta Theta General Headquarters Purpose Statement:
Together we provide our members a transformational experience in pursuit of greatness.
Founded at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, on December 26, 1848, Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity has 192 chapters and emerging chapters and ninety-one alumni clubs across the United States and Canada. To date, the Fraternity has initiated over 277,500 men into the society whose founding principles are Friendship, Sound Learning, and Rectitude.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and résumé to Human Resources Specialist Cynthia Buresh.