As part of our We Are Phi Delt campaign, we asked chapters to give us an insight into what it’s like to be a Phi on their college campus. We understand that no chapter experience is the same, and therefore we should share the unique aspects of our schools, cities, and brotherhood!
Chapters can complete this form for custom We Are Phi Delt logos and an opportunity to be featured online.
We Are New York Eta at Rochester Institute of Technology University
University location: Rochester, New York
Number of undergraduates on campus: 18,000
Chapter size: 44 members
Year founded: 1986
Number of initiated members: 451
School mascot: Tiger
School colors: Orange, black, and brown
Number of Greek organizations on campus: Seventeen (twelve fraternities and five sororities)
Favorite school traditions: Hockey games and The Quarter Mile
Favorite chapter traditions: The Quarter Mile, a philanthropy event benefiting ALS research where we collect quarters and line them up from the sundial to the infinity quad on campus.
Favorite restaurant near campus: Jay’s Diner and Henrietta Hots
Fun fact about your school: We had a live baby tiger named Spirit as our mascot for a few years
Fun facts about your chapter:
- Every brother gets a nickname
- We used to be a chapter of Delta Sigma Pi before they went co-ed
- We established the Kevin Smith Memorial fund in honor of one of our past brothers
- Our chapter just celebrated thirty-five years. To celebrate, we invited alumni for a PhiDay night gathering, a Saturday night celebration at Radio Social, and a flag football game.
Fun facts about the city where your school is located:
- Rochester invented garbage plates, a meal with the choice of cheeseburger, hamburger, Italian sausages, steak, or chicken served on top of any combination of home fries, french fries, baked beans, and/or macaroni salad
- Kodak was founded here
- Xerox and Bausch & Lomb are based here
- Genesee Brewing created the first cream ale
Top three things a visitor should do:
- Go to a hockey game
- Walk the tunnels
- Visit MAGIC Spells studio or the new Cyber Security building