As part of our We Are Phi Delt campaign, we asked chapters to give us an insight into what it’s like to be a Phi on their college campus. We understand that no chapter experience is the same, and therefore we should share the unique aspects of our schools, cities, and brotherhood!
Chapters can complete this form for custom We Are Phi Delt logos and an opportunity to be featured online.
We Are Florida Mu at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
University location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Number of undergraduates on campus: 6,000
Chapter size: 50
Year founded: 1999
Number of initiated members: 390
School mascot: Eagle
School colors: Blue, gold, and white
Number of Greek organizations on campus: Thirteen
Favorite school traditions: Going to ERAU hockey games and the annual homecoming concert
Favorite chapter traditions: Semesterly camping trips and beach trips
Favorite restaurant near campus: Propellers Cafe or Houligans
Notable alumni from your chapter: Scott Yoak, ’08, P-51 airshow pilot
Fun facts about your school:
- Embry-Riddle is ranked number five for aerospace engineering in the US.
- Our school sits on Daytona Beach International Airport with a full flight line of over one hundred aircraft.
Fun fact about your chapter: The majority of alumni go into aviation and aerospace industries, numerous pilots, military pilots, military officers, NASA Engineers, and more.
Fun facts about the city where your school is located:
- Daytona Beach has been called ‘The World’s Most Famous Beach’ since the 1920s.
- Daytona is home to the Daytona International Speedway, which hosts the famous Daytona 500 race. Daytona International Speedway is just down the block from campus.
Top three things a visitor should do:
- Go to the Daytona 500.
- Go to the beach.
- Visit the brand new student union.
Follow Florida Mu