As part of our We Are Phi Delt campaign, we asked chapters to give us an insight into what it’s like to be a Phi on their college campus. We understand that no chapter experience is the same, and therefore we should share the unique aspects of our schools, cities, and brotherhood!
Chapters can complete this form for custom We Are Phi Delt logos and an opportunity to be featured online.
We Are Nevada Beta the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
University location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Number of undergraduates on campus: 32,000
Chapter size: 26
Year founded: 1991
School mascot: Rebel
School colors: Scarlet and grey
Number of Greek organizations on campus: Twenty
Favorite school traditions: Going to Rebels games
Favorite chapter traditions:
- Sword and Shield, our final recruitment night when we give out bids
- Going to Buffalo Wild Wings with brothers
Favorite restaurants near campus: In-N-Out and Cheba Hut
Fun facts about your school:
- UNLV was founded in 1957.
- The university is recognized for being one of the most diverse universities in the US.
- There are over 30,000 undergraduate students.
- UNLV is home to one of the leading hospitality programs on the west coast. The building holds the namesake of a Phi, William S. Harrah School of Hospitality.
Fun fact about the city where your school is located:
- Las Vegas is an internationally known city and tourist attraction.
- Pre-pandemic, roughly forty-two million tourists visited Las Vegas each year.
Fun facts about your chapter:
- We were ranked the highest GPA for UNLV IFC in the fall of 2021.
- We are recognized for being one of the most diverse Greek chapters on campus and one of the newest chapters on campus.
- We are two-time consecutive recipients of the UNLV Minority Serving Institution Student Council (MSISC) Diversity Fund.
Top three things a visitor should do:
- Take a picture with our U-N-L-V letters.
- See the statue of The Shark, former Running Rebels basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian at the Thomas & Mack Center.
- Stop by the award-winning William S. Harrah School of Hospitality.
Follow North Dakota Alpha