Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity is hiring a director of housing and facilities to begin on August 1, 2022.
The director of housing and facilities will oversee all housing-related strategies to ensure Phi Delta Theta offers state-of-art facilities, professionally trained advisers, and all other plans as outlined in the Phi Delt 2030 strategic plan. The position is tasked to improve and preserve the Fraternity’s historic and valuable housing stock by providing consulting, lending, property management, and property acquisition support through the Fraternity’s various housing entities. The director of housing and facilities also serves as the chief adviser to the Walter B. Palmer Foundation, Pallas Athena Holdings, and the Fraternity’s selected property management firm.
- Serve as the General Headquarters’ primary point of contact and thought leader to Phi Delta Theta’s house corporation officers to provide assistance and consultation for property management and capital improvements.
- Seek opportunities and develop, support, and execute all action plans developed in conjunction with the Walter B. Palmer Foundation, the Fraternity’s national lending entity.
- Seek opportunities and develop, support, and execute all action plans developed in conjunction with Pallas Athena Holdings, the Fraternity’s National House Corporation.
- Create, establish, and manage a Fraternity property management firm or relationship.
- Provide educational programming in the form of in-person House Corporation Summits and ongoing online modules hosted within PDT U and determine overall impact of housing educational programming on members, chapters, and organization.
- Work in concert with General Headquarters staff to further develop the live-in leadership adviser program to include development of space, promotion of position, education of advisers, and assess impact.
- Promote risk management policies and best practices in facility management and life safety.
- Maintain industry relationships to ensure services are offered to build alumni capital support, such as communications and fundraising.
- Provide guidance to the General Council for matters regarding the Fraternity’s housing strategies and structure.
- Facilitate effective support of housing stock through related tasks of executive cabinet, directors, and coordinators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years of real estate and/or property management experience.
- A bachelor’s in real estate, property management, or business.
- Understanding of volunteer management best practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- Experience founding and/or managing a property management firm preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Salary will be determined depending upon background and experience. Phi Delta Theta offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare and retirement planning. Depending on the candidate and situation, this position is under consideration for remote work but a locally-based candidate is preferred.
PHI DELTA THETA GENERAL HEADQUARTERS PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Together we provide our members a transformational experience in pursuit of greatness.
Founded at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, on December 26, 1848, Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity has 195 chapters and emerging chapters, and ninety-one alumni clubs across the United States and Canada. To date, the Fraternity has initiated over 283,000 men into the society whose founding principles are Friendship, Sound Learning, and Rectitude.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and résumé to Human Resources Specialist Cynthia Buresh by end-of-day June 15, 2022.