Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity is currently assisting house corporations to identify and place live-in leadership adviser candidates for chapters.
A live-in leadership adviser assists a chapter as it builds relationships with its house corporation, chapter advisory board, parents club, and university/college administration. Duties are conducted in consultation with the General Headquarters, house corporation, chapter advisory board, and university/college faculty and staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the management of the house or physical structure; ensuring the chapter is upholding the risk management policies of Phi Delta Theta, the local chapter bylaws, and the terms of the lease agreement; and assisting the chapter leadership with overall chapter operations.
Through the Fraternity’s strategic plan, Phi Delt 2030, the Fraternity has a goal to place and train a certified live-in leadership adviser in 100 percent of all eligible house corporation-owned properties by 2030.
Current Chapters and Locations:
- Illinois Beta – University of Chicago
- Michigan Beta – Michigan State University
- Ohio Alpha – Miami University
- Ohio Gamma – Ohio University
- Ohio Theta – University of Cincinnati
- Washington Gamma – Washington State University
Want to add your chapter’s opening to our list? Please email Jim Rosencrans.
- Coach, mentor, consult, and empower student leaders through regular interaction with chapter leadership and general membership.
- Regularly attend executive committee meetings and retreats to assist chapter leadership in planning and executing effective chapter operations strategies.
- Regularly attend chapter meetings to support chapter leadership and build relationships with chapter members.
- Regularly communicate with the General Headquarters, house corporation, chapter advisory board, parents club, and university/college faculty and staff on all matters pertaining to the relationship each party has with the chapter and/or facility.
- Work with the house corporation and/or university/college housing department to ensure that the tenants of the facility are upholding the terms of the lease agreement.
Phi Delta Theta Risk Management Policies
- Provide education and guidance to chapter officers and members in performing their responsibilities in conjunction with the risk management policies of Phi Delta Theta.
- Ensure the chapter facility and its furnishings and landscape provide each member an environment for study, clean and safe living conditions, and recreational facilities.
- Facilitate a program focused on proper maintenance of the property, along with due regard for university/college, health, or fire department regulations, where applicable, shall be followed in each chapter.
- As necessary, conduct inspections of the chapter facility to ensure proper maintenance. This includes prior to move-in and move-out.
- When necessary, manage relationships with outside vendors on behalf of the house corporation.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in property management
- A demonstrated history of project and team management
- Superior coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills
- Sound judgment when making decisions with strong problem-solving skills
- Servant leadership focused
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
- Membership in Phi Delta Theta strongly preferred
Work environments vary based on the facility and individual accommodations arranged by the house corporation or university housing department. However, candidates must be comfortable living in a facility that houses college-aged fraternity men.
This job description serves as a general outline for live-in adviser duties and responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the individual job descriptions provided by the house cooperation or university/college housing department. Live-in leadership adviser employment and management structure will depend on the individual situation.
How to Apply:
Complete the form linked below to express interest in learning more about becoming a live-in leadership adviser. A list of candidates will be distributed to house corporations seeking a live-in leadership adviser. If you are attending a school or are located where there is a need, you may be contacted directly by the house corporation.