Since 2017, Phi Delta Theta has been gathering pertinent information on chapter operations and volunteer support through the Chapter Advisory Board (CAB) assessment. The assessment aims to collect data that assists the General Headquarters staff, General Officers, and chapter advisory boards when providing support to chapters. The survey gathers information based on eight competencies for chapter operations and CAB support: executive board leadership, financial management, Phikeia education, recruitment, risk management, academics, alumni relations, philanthropy, and service. The Fraternity conducted the assessment at the end of 2022.
- Overall, CAB effectiveness across the entire organization resulted in an average rating of 3.73 (based on a five-point scale). This is a slight decrease from the 2021 rating of 3.76.
- A new metric was included in this year’s assessment that measures overall satisfaction of the experiences of chapter officers and volunteers. It was discovered that more than half of the chapters (60 percent) that ranked in the bottom 30 for overall effectiveness also ranked in the bottom 30 for satisfaction.
- Cumulative chapter operations scores increased from 3.87 in 2021 to 4.10 in 2022, while cumulative chapter advisory board support scores increased from 3.74 in 2021 to 3.83 in 2022.
- The greatest improvement areas for chapter operations in 2022 were in alumni relations, executive board leadership, and Phikeia education; while the greatest improvement areas for chapter advisory board support in 2022 were philanthropy and service, Phikeia education, and alumni relations. This indicates that strong advisory support correlates to strong chapter operations.
Call to Action:
Below are suggested next steps for chapter advisory boards and province presidents if their chapter(s) has a low score in support, chapter operations, or effectiveness.
- Review the assessment with your province president, chapter advisory board, and chapter leadership to determine a plan of action for supporting the chapter.
- Provide intentional support in areas of operation that show a low operational score or support rating.
- Review the CAB Top Ten documents for each area that shows a low operational score or support rating.
- Recruit additional volunteers to fill vacant positions and/or provide additional support.
This February, marketing campaigns will be launched to generate volunteer interest for select chapters. See a list of chapters below that currently require additional support. If you are interested in serving one of these chapters, please show your interest.
CHAPTER ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS NEEDED
Highlighted below are chapters in greatest need of support and development of its chapter advisory board. If you are interested in serving one of these chapters, please show your interest.
|CA Kappa, California State University, San Diego
|NV Alpha, University of Nevada, Reno
|CA Pi, San Diego State University
|NY Lambda, St. John’s University
|CA Sigma, Sonoma State University
|OH Eta, Case Western Reserve University
|CT Alpha, Central Connecticut State University
|OH Xi, Otterbein University
|CT Gamma, University of Connecticut
|OK Epsilon, Rogers State University
|FL Alpha, University of Florida
|PA Beta, Gettysburg College
|FL Delta, University of Miami
|SC Beta, University of South Carolina
|FL Iota, University of Central Florida
|TN Gamma, University of Tennessee
|FL Nu, Florida Atlantic University
|TX Theta, West Texas A&M University
|IA Delta, Drake University
|TX Zeta, Texas Christian University
|IL Beta, University of Chicago
|VA Beta, University of Virginia
|IL Eta, University of Illinois
|VA Iota, Old Dominion University
|IN Mu, IUPUI
|VA Kappa, Radford University
|NC Epsilon, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
|VA Eta, Virginia Tech University
|NC Gamma, Davidson College
|WI Alpha, University of Wisconsin
|ND Beta, North Dakota State University
|WI Epsilon, St. Norbert College
|NH Beta, Southern New Hampshire University
|WI Gamma, Ripon College
For more information regarding the Chapter Advisory Board assessment or chapter advisory board support, please contact Director of Volunteer Support Myra Duritsch at email@example.com.